Congratulations to our winter 2017 winners!
Look for our next contest this summer.
OFFICIAL BRICK BUILDERZ CONTEST RULES
- Register by 10:00 pm Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at www.bricks4kidz.com/tacoma or call 253-777-3481.
- Limited to first 50 entrants.
- Open to all ages from across the Washington state south Puget Sound area.
- All entrants pay an entry fee of $10, payable online by credit card or at the event by check or cash prior to the judging start time.
- Entrants each build an individual or team creation using only genuine LEGO bricks and components. LEGO motors and mini-figures are OK.
- Creations must be original, i.e. cannot be made using plans from a set or other source. LEGO pieces from sets are OK.
- There is no size limitation, however please let us know ahead of time if you have a particularly large model or complex set up. Entrants are responsible for safely transporting their creation to and from the contest table, so a sturdy base is recommended. Tape and glue are OK solely for such purpose.
- Entrants bring their creations to the Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main Street Southwest, Lakewood, WA 98499 on Friday, December 1st, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
- It is recommended that entrants stay with their creations while judged. If entrants are willing, judges may ask entrants questions about their creations for up to 2 minutes.
- Judging will take approximately 60 minutes by a panel of 3 or more judges made up of representatives from the City of Lakewood, Bricks 4 Kidz, and/or other sponsors.
- Festival participants will be allowed to submit one vote per person for their favorite entry. The entry with the most votes wins. Votes will be tallied immediately after judging is concluded. In case of a tie, judges will select the winner. The fan favorite prize supersedes judges’ picks, thus a category prize would be awarded to the 3rd place entrant when available.
- Immediately following judging and brief deliberations, awards will be announced and distributed. Entrants must be present to win.
- All participants will receive a prize worth at least $25 including but not limited to gift certificates for programs from Bricks 4 Kidz and possibly other sponsors.
- A LEGO Set valued between $60 and $100 will be given to each of the following:
1st Place Age 5 & under ♦ 2nd Place Age 5 & under ♦ 1st Place Age 6-8 ♦ 2nd Place Age 6-8 ♦ 1st Place Age 9-11 ♦ 2nd Place Age 9-11 ♦ 1st Place Age 12-15 ♦ 2nd Place Age 12-15 ♦ 1st Place Age 16 & over ♦ 2nd Place Age 16 & over ♦ Fan Favorite
- Additional prizes may be awarded for participation and/or special recognition at judge’s discretion without advance notice.
- Sponsor and event staff are not responsible for any theft, loss or damage to creations. Entrants can and should remain with their creations during the contest.
- By entering your creation into the building challenge, entrants and their parents/guardians agree to these official rules and regulations and the decision of the judges and release contest sponsors of all liability that could result from participating in the contest. By submitting an entry into this contest, entrants and their parents/guardians grant permission for sponsors and media coverage to use any photographs and/or video of the entrant and entrant’s submitted model for any promotional use. Entrants agree that registration information may be added to sponsors contact lists.
LEGO® is a registered trademark of the LEGO® Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this contest.