A Bricks 4 Kidz® workshop uses LEGO® Bricks that kids love, to deliver hands-on lessons correlated to cross-disciplinary curriculum objectives. The Bricks 4 Kidz® approach to learning is imaginative, multi-sensory and fun, creating a dynamic learning experience for your students.
We learn, we build, we play with LEGO® Bricks
(515) 259-1B4K (1245)
BRICKS 4 KIDZ® Des Moines, Ames, Waukee Group
Providing programs for Des Moines, Ames, Indianola, Altoona, Pleasant Hill, Bondurant, Polk City, Granger and Waukee
We enthusiastically joined the Bricks 4 Kidz® family in November 2011. Already fans of the program introduced by the first Bricks 4 Kidz® owner in the area and huge LEGO® enthusiasts we are thrilled to have the opportunity to expand the Bricks 4 Kidz® program here in Central Iowa.
About Bricks 4 Kidz®…
Bricks 4 Kidz classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, we play… with LEGO® bricks. Programs are built around our proprietary model plans, designed by engineers and architects, with exciting themes such as space, construction, and amusement parks. Our specially designed project kits and theme-based models provide the building blocks for the Bricks 4 Kidz approach to educational play. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
We offer activities for children ages 3-13+, including:
Bricks 4 Kidz Night Out
A Bricks 4 Kidz® camp is a fresh and fun way for kids to spend their school break! With specially-designed Bricks 4 Kidz® models, LEGO® games, challenges and the ever popular collective projects to serve as creative inspiration during free-play, the kids are always LEARNING, BUILDING and PLAYING. Camps are specially designed for kids ages 5-12 and are staffed by trained, screened Bricks 4 Kidz® teachers.
Our camp programs provide a safe, relaxed learning environment where initiative is invited and self-expression is celebrated. Model building provides opportunities for problem-solving and helps kids develop an appreciation for how things work. All this takes place while kids are having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere.
CAMP LOCATIONS 2018:
- GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH-(Des Moines- Cottage Grove Ave)
- PLEASANT HILL PARKS AND RECREATION- (Pleasant Hill) Doanes Park Youth Center
- WAUKEE COMMUNITY EDUCATION- (Waukee) South Middle School
- INDIANOLA PARKS AND RECREATION- (Indianola)
- B/F ANDERSON ELEMENTARY- (Bondurant)
- NORTH POLK CENTRAL ELEMENTARY (Alleman)
- MAQUOKETA ART EXPERIENCE
- GRANGER PARKS AND RECREATION- Granger Community Center
- GILBERT ELEMENTARY (Gilbert)
- FELLOWS ELEMENTARY (Ames)
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore math and science concepts
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social/emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organization and following directions
- Foster an appreciation for how things work