After School STEM Enrichment Teacher – Part-Time
Bricks 4 Kidz – We Learn, We Build, We Play with Lego bricks, gears, motors and technology
(Naperville, Plainfield and Aurora area)
Bricks 4 Kidz has currently part time employment opportunities for instructors to teach our interactive and hands-on STEM enrichment Lego Engineering programs to elementary school students in the Naperville, Aurora and Plainfield area. Looking for instructors who are available weekdays to teach either 2:30-3:30pm or 3:30-4:30pm. Our teachers will also have the option to work additional hours on weekday evenings and on weekends to do birthday parties and other special events. After school programs are offered either 2:30 — 3:30pm or 3:30 — 4:30pm on weekdays. Pay varies based on teaching experience, $25-$50/class.
Ideal opportunity for experienced teachers looking for part-time or additional work, Education major college students in their junior or senior year pursuing elementary or middle school specialization degree and engineering students who have experience working with elementary school aged children and like to inspire next generation to STEM.
* Teaching background and experience working with elementary aged children.
* Passionate about introducing students to STEM learning experiences that are hands-on, collaborative and interactive.
* Quick to learning and grasping program curriculum to teach STEM concepts using proprietary teacher instructional guides, project kits and model plans.
* Manage a student class size of around 16 – 20 elementary school aged kids (5 – 11 yrs.).
* Must have positive attitude, patience and provide positive reinforcement to students to make the class fun and engaging.
* Excellent organization skills, time-management and work ethics.
* Have reliable transportation to travel in the Naperville and surrounding area to the various locations the programs are offered.
* Must be able to pass a background check.
If interested, please send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your availability.