A Bricks 4 Kidz® workshop uses LEGO® Bricks that kids love, to deliver hands-on lessons correlated to cross-disciplinary curriculum objectives. The Bricks 4 Kidz® approach to learning is imaginative, multi-sensory and fun, creating a dynamic learning experience for your students.
We learn, we build, we play with LEGO® Bricks
At Bricks 4 Kidz® we believe it’s important to tap into a child’s potential by encouraging their curiosity and creativity. Our fun-filled model plans, which are designed by engineers and architects, provide an engaging platform that teaches children to learn with LEGO® Bricks. With our theme based project kits, we playfully motivate children by reinforcing S.T.E.M. based principles. At the same time, we enhance self-esteem, improve fine-motor skills, and teach important classroom lessons such as organization and following directions. Classes follow the Bricks 4 Kidz® motto: We Learn, We Build, We Play with… LEGO® Bricks.
- We Learn– Teachers provide a 5-10 minute themed lesson
- We Build– Students build the model of the day with simple step by step instructions
- We Play– Students explore their own creativity through free play time
We offer activities for children ages 3-13+, including:
- After school enrichment classes
- Week-long summer camps
- Birthday parties
- Preschool classes
- Kidz Night Out
Our programs provide a safe, relaxed learning environment where initiative is invited and self-expression is celebrated. Model building provides opportunities for problem-solving and helps kids develop an appreciation for how things work. All this takes place while kids are having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere. GOALS
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore math and science concepts
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social and emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organization and following directions
- Foster an appreciation for how things work
Our programs provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® Bricks. The activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations and build their self-confidence.
Serving Park Ridge, Glenview, Des Plaines, Northbrook, Mount Prospect, Arlington Heights, Niles, Morton Grove, Wilmette, Glencoe, Wheeling, Prospect Heights, Buffalo Grove, Palatine, Northfield, Winnetka, Skokie, Norridge, Elk Grove Village.
Benefits of S.T.E.M.
SCIENCE Each model provides kids with a new scientific vocabulary. Lessons that focus on topics such as laws of motion, employ the concept of physical science, requiring children to apply what they’ve learned to their build.
TECHNOLOGY Technology implements the use of science to invent and problem solve. Children 3-13 use their creativity and analytical skills to discover viable solutions to problems presented at the start of each lesson.
ENGINEERING Engineering uses the practical application of science to design and create. Although they may not realize it, kids use engineering skills to construct models, such as bridges, towers and roller coasters.
MATH Children are given the opportunity to invariably utilize math skills as they estimate, count, measure and build with LEGO® Bricks.
Build Awesome Creations
Our programs allow kids to embrace their creativity and build exciting LEGO® models from a series of project kits and proprietary model plans.