Westwood Christian Schoolwith Bricks 4 Kidz exclusive curriculum
This is a hands-on class where students build machines, buildings, vehicles and other structures out of LEGO® Bricks, using one-of-a-kind model plans designed by Bricks 4 Kidz®. Each class begins with a teacher-led discussion related to the model of the day. Students build a new project each week. While exploring principles of engineering, architecture, physics and more, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills. Once the project is complete, children use the rest of their time to modify their model builds and collaborate with one another.
The program runs throughout the school year in 6-class packages called Sessions. Classes meet every TUESDAY, starting January 24, 2017. Each class is priced at $20. Payments are collected on a Session Package based (6-classes) of $120. In order to save your child’s spot in the program you must register him/her for the entire session, single class payments are not allowed and we have a No-refund policy for non-attendance to any scheduled class.
Session 3. Transportation Timeline!
Classes will take place on Jan 24, 31, Feb 07, 14, 21 and March 07 Price $120
f you like planes, trains and automobiles, then this unit is for you! Each week, students will build motorized models of a dragster, a railroad crossing gate, an airplane and more. Explore the history of transportation from horse and buggy and trains to the development of the automobile and flight. Each lesson introduces terminology related to each mode of transportation, like “lift and propulsion” for the airplane, as well as describes how each “vehicle” works.
Session 4. Factory Fun!
Classes will take place on Mar. 14, 21, 28. Apr 04, 18, 25. Price $120
Have you ever wondered how things are made? Or wanted to operate the big machines in a factory? Factories rely on special machines to help build, move and package the things we use every day. Come build kid-sized versions of these clever creations, such as a scissor lift, specialized conveyor belts and even a robot!adventure is your imagination!
Curriculum and instructional content:
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® components such as gears, axles and beams.
- Instructional content is multi-disciplinary and designed by educators to increase the student’s general knowledge and introduce S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and math) concepts related to the day’s model. Lessons are designed around students’ interests, with themes such as animals, space, transportation and sports. The material covered in each session will vary depending upon students’ age, experience, and skill level.
- All materials are provided
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation for how things work.
- For students to play and socialize with friends while learning the fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a non-competitive setting.
- To help students understand that architecture and engineering are viable career choices.
- When lessons are related to something students enjoy, such as building with LEGO® Bricks, students are motivated and retain more of what they learn.
- Working with a partner fosters teamwork and cooperation.
- Completing a new challenge each week builds self-esteem.
- Students already know how to build with LEGO® Bricks, however with a little coaching, they can learn about engineering, architecture, physics, and math using specialized components.
Photo GalleryView Full Facebook Gallery
Not your school?
Visit our school selection page here
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about our program, please visit our FAQs page here or give us a call Monday to Friday from 9AM - 5PM at (866) 384-5501.
We never charge registration or annual fees like other programs do, the only additional cost will be the Club T-shirt that, depending on the school, is mandatory to attend the Club meetings. Each t-shirt is priced at $10 and payment has to be done in cash with your Club instructor the first class of the session.
Join our Loyalty Rewards Program and Save!
Text JOIN to 62687 and ad Bricks 4 Kidz to win special discounts, rewards, LEGO® sets and other cool stuff!
About Bricks 4 Kidz
Our programs provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® bricks. All activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations and build their self-confidence. We offer an EXCLUSIVE Curriculum with 200+ models based on S.T.E.M. concepts which makes us the No. 1 Child Enrichment Program by Entrepreneur Magazine 4 years in a row!
- Lina Correa, Owner
- Ph. (866) 384-5501
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Career Information: Part-time instructors apply here
- TeKnik Center: 12460 SW 127th Ave, Miami. FL 33186.
- Text JOIN to 62687 and ad Bricks 4 Kidz to win special discounts, rewards, LEGO® sets and other cool stuff!