DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
- This is a hands-on class where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cars, buildings and other creations out of LEGO® Bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Participants build a new motorized project each week.
- Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
- Students will use LEGO® Bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math, science and engineering.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided.
- For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of science, math, technology, engineering and architecture in a non-competitive setting.
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
- To help students understand that Architecture and Engineering are viable career choices.
- Kids already know how to build with LEGO® Bricks, but with a little coaching they can learn engineering, architecture and concepts of physics and mathematics using the plastic components.
- Working in pairs, students will develop communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.