Bricks 4 Kidz programs provide opportunities to:
- Awaken curiosity and inquiry
- Stimulate observation and exploration skills
- Enrich and enhance school curriculum
- Link the science concepts learned in school to the larger world
Use the LEGO® bricks your students already know and love to get them excited about learning. A Bricks 4 Kidz field trip is a fun-filled, engaging experience that kids will be talking about long after the fun and learning has ended.
Screened, trained Bricks 4 Kidz teachers deliver everything needed including specialized LEGO® kits, instructional model plans, and take-home materials. We are able to facilitate workshops at your location or ours for many groups (minimum of 15 participants required) including:
- In-School Workshops (We come to you!)
- Creativity Centre Field Trips (Bring your class!)
- Artist in Residence
- Girl Guides and Scouts
- Before & After Child Care Programs
- Homeschoolers…and many more! Contact us to see how we can meet your needs!
IN-SCHOOL PROGRAM OPTIONS:
WHOLE SCHOOL LEGO® STEM RESIDENCIES
This program provides the best value, offering a cohesive school experience while allowing each class targeted exposure with multiple impressions to gain a deeper understanding of concepts through repetition, comparing/contrasting projects and predicting/testing of hypothesis. Each grade is able to select workshop content from the provided list (B4K units in Alignment with Alberta Ed Curriculum can be emailed) aligned with Provincial learning outcomes to illustrate and enhance their classroom lessons through hands-on, inquiry-based experiences. This comprehensive booking option includes a demonstration of learning component through provision of a Bricks 4 Kidz facilitated Family Fun Night Event (value $2500+)or the school can opt to select 10% price reduction compared to individual workshop pricing. Residencies are available in Traditional or Robotic Options as follows:
1. Traditional Package – includes two 90 minute workshops for each classroom providing 3 hours of instruction/building time including 4 targeted project lessons, builds and supplementary STEM documents for classroom teachers to use as a teaching tool or to post on Brightspace.
- $450 per class of up to 24 students
- $550 per class of over 24 students
Program can be customized to include additional exposures based on learning goals and budget. Each additional session is 90 minutes long and includes 2 lessons/builds at $225 or $275 each (dependent on student count).
2. Robotics Package – includes two 90 minute workshops for each classroom providing 3 hours of instruction, building, programming time and then incorporating multiple functions, sensors and introduction to challenges.
- $500 per class of up to 24 students
- $600 per class of over 24 students
Program can be customized to include additional exposures based on learning goals and budget. Each additional session is 90 minutes long at $250 or $300 each (dependent on student count).
SINGLE SESSION IN SCHOOL WORKSHOPS
These sessions are tied to the Alberta Ed curriculum and are available for Kindergarten to Grade 6 students with project choices based on unit focus. Pricing is based on up to 24 students and includes GST. Workshops are available in 4 formats as follow:
1. Deluxe – 50 minute single lesson and build – Choice of 1Traditional bricks OR motorized Technic model.
- $175 per class of up to 24 students
- $200 per class of over 24 students
2. Premiere – 90 minutes including 2 lessons and 2 builds – Choice of 1 Traditional Brick and 1 Technic Motorized ModelOR 2 Traditional Bricks OR 2 Technic Motorized Models.
- $225 per class of up to 24 students
- $275 per class of over 24 students
3. Introduction to Robotics – 90 minutes of Jr. Robotics and Remote Controls (Grades 1-2) and MindstormsNXT or EV3 lesson (Grades 3-6) – covers an introduction to programming a build through the use of LEGO® bricks and computers. See below for description on Jr. Robotics & RCs.
- $250 per class of up to 25 students
- $300 per class of over 25 students
4. Advancing Robotics – 2.5 hours of Mindstorms NXT or EV3 lesson (Grades 3-6) – covers an introduction to programming a build utilizing additional sensors, power functions and complex computer programming. See below for description on Mindstorms Robotics.
- $415 per class of up to 25 students
- $500 per class of over 25 students
FAMILY FUN NIGHT:
This event combines learning and fun for the whole family. Bricks 4 Kidz staff set up and facilitate a variety of activity stations including hands-on project builds and interactive games and challenges with LEGO® bricks. This is a great no cost opportunity for the school that allows families in any demographic to be able to experience our programs. The cost of the event is only $5 per participant (kids 3 & under are free but must be supervised by parents at all times due to small parts). Advance registration on our website is required to ensure adequate staffing and supplies.
Parent Council can use this as a fundraiser by increasing set ticket prices or we will donate flat 20% of ticket sales. Larger schools may require either time staggered events or 2 bookings to accommodate interest.
A multiple booking discount is offered for 4 or more of the same workshop on the same day(s) – 5%.