LEGO® KIDSFEST Virginia: February 15 – 17
Three Acres of Hands-On Educational Fun for All Ages
The LEGO® KidsFest national tour stops at the Greater Richmond Convention CenterFebruary 15 – 17, 2013, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO® building and experiences together in this three acre activity- and entertainment-packed family event for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
Among the many LEGO® attractions, families will find:
- LEGO® Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO® Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Race Ramps: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO® Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO® board games
- Construction Zones: creative free build, play and display areas
- LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO® Retail and KidsFest Marketplace: purchase LEGO® merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO® bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
- Brickscapes: fantastic displays that combine lots of LEGO® and DUPLO sets
- And much more, covering over 150,000 square feet of space
“Any family who likes to be inspired, get hands-on and have fun together won’t want to miss LEGO® KidsFest,” said Vince Rubino, LEGO® events manager. “We’re bringing so many activities for Virginia-area families to test and showcase their creativity and building skills in what is sure to be a family event to remember.”
Based on sell-out attendance in previous markets, advance ticket purchase is strongly encouraged.
Five sessions – all identical – are available for the Virginia February 15 – 17 tour stop. LEGO® KidsFest tickets are $20 for adults and $18 for children and can be purchased online at www.LEGOKidsFest.com.
The LEGO® KidsFest 2012 tour stops: Richmond, VA (February 15 – 17), Louisville, KY (April 5 – 7), Houston, TX (May 17 – 19), Phoenix, AZ (July 12 – 14), San Jose, CA (August 30 – September 1), Portland, OR (October 11 – 13), and Hartford, CT (December 6 – 8).
LEGO® is the brand name. One plays with LEGO® bricks (not LEGOs or Legos).
# # #
LEGO Systems, Inc. is the North American division of The LEGO Group, a privately-held, family-owned company based in Billund, Denmark, one of the world’s leading manufacturers
of creatively educational play materials for children. The company is committed to the development of children’s creative and imaginative abilities, and its employees are guided by the motto adopted in the 1930s by founder Ole Kirk Christiansen: “Only the best is good enough.” Visit the virtual LEGO world at www.LEGO.com
LEGO, the LEGO logo, and DUPLO, are trademarks of the LEGO Group.
© 2011 The LEGO Group.