Academic Enrichment Licensing Program
Bricks 4 Kidz® is excited to announce our new Academic Enrichment Licensing Program, expanding upon our award- winning concept of using LEGO® Bricks to teach and reinforce the principals of STEM education.
Contact us for 2018-2019 opportunities in your school!
Educational Benefits of
Academic Enrichment Program
- Lesson content meets grade-specific Common Core State Standards for math.
- Fine-motor skills are developed as children sort and assemble small pieces such as bricks, axles, pins, gears, etc.
- Organizational skills are developed by using our labeled project kits. This skill transfers into every area of life; at school, home, or in the workplace. Children are most efficient when they can quickly and easily access the materials they need to complete a task.
- Students retain more information when lessons are delivered in the context of something that interests them, such as building with LEGO® Bricks!
- Tactile, hands-on building engages various learning styles.
- Students gain practice following step-by-step directions to complete a task. This is especially valuable for children with attention-deficit challenges.
- Completing a model nurtures process-oriented thinking and abstract thought, challenging students to envision the project before it is complete.
- Social-emotional skills such as patience, communication, teamwork and cooperation are exercised in the process of completing a build with a partner.
- Working to complete a project develops goal-oriented persistence.
Licensing Packaging by Module
Each lesson (in each module) meets grade-specific Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for math
6 grade-specific PowerPoint presentation lessons (for grades K-5)
6 corresponding model plans for each lesson
6 corresponding Teacher Guides for the classroom teacher to follow as instructions for leading the whole lesson
1 pre-test assessment
1 post-test assessment
K-2 Academic Enrichment Project Kit (the LEGO building elements needed for the grades K-2 lessons’ models)
3-5 Academic Enrichment Project Kit (the LEGO building elements needed for the grades 3-5 lessons’ models)