Presented by Bricks 4 Kidz
WHEN I GROW UP…
Show us your dream career: pilot, architect, scientist, race car driver, zookeeper, banker, master gardener, farmer, policeman, dentist, athlete, train conductor, …? Build your original creation using your own LEGO® Bricks at home and bring to:
Lakewood SummerFEST at Fort Steilacoom Park
2:00 PM, Saturday, July 8th
ALL AGES, kids and adults, compete in various age categories
FAN FAVORITE as voted by festival-goers also wins
WINNING ENTRIES will be featured in Connections Magazine (30K households) and displayed at the Tacoma Hands-On Children’s Museum
WIN PRIZES – GUARANTEED! LEGO Sets for 1st & 2nd place in each category
ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a $25 Bricks 4 Kidz gift certificate!
REGISTRATION REQUIRED – SPACE IS LIMITED
FEE: $10 253-777-3481 SEE RULES BELOW
REGISTER ONLINE HERE
OFFICIAL BRICK BUILDERZ CONTEST RULES
- Register by 10:00 pm Monday, July 3, 2017 at www.bricks4kidz.com/tacoma or call 253-777-3481.
- Limited to first 50 entrants.
- Open to all ages from across the Washington state south Puget Sound area.
- All entrants pay an entry fee of $10, payable online by credit card or at the event by check or cash prior to the judging start time.
- Entrants each build an individual creation using only genuine LEGO bricks and components. LEGO motors and mini-figures are OK.
- Creations must be original, i.e. cannot be made using plans from a set or other source. LEGO pieces from sets are OK.
- There is no size limitation, however please let us know ahead of time if you have a particularly large model or complex set up. Entrants are responsible for safely transporting their creation to and from the contest table, so a sturdy base is recommended. Tape and glue are OK solely for such purpose.
- Entrants bring their creations to the contest tent at Lakewood SummerFEST in Fort Steilacoom Park, City Hall, 6000 Main Street Southwest, Lakewood, WA 98499 on Saturday, July 8th, 2017 by 2:00 pm.
- It is recommended that entrants stay with their creations while judged. If entrants are willing, judges may ask entrants questions about their creations for up to 2 minutes.
- Judging will take approximately 60 minutes by a panel of 3 or more judges made up of representatives from the City of Lakewood, Bricks 4 Kidz, and/or other sponsors.
- Following judging and brief deliberations, awards will be announced and distributed at approximately 3:30 PM. Entrants must be present to win.
- All participants will receive a prize worth at least $25 including but not limited to gift certificates for programs from Bricks 4 Kidz and other sponsors.
- A LEGO Set valued between $60 and $100 will be given to each of the following:
1st Place Age 5 & under ♦ 2nd Place Age 5 & under ♦ 1st Place Age 6-8 ♦ 2nd Place Age 6-8 ♦ 1st Place Age 9-11 ♦ 2nd Place Age 9-11 ♦ 1st Place Age 12-15 ♦ 2nd Place Age 12-15 ♦ 1st Place Age 16 & over ♦ 2nd Place Age 16 & over ♦ Fan Favorite
- Additional prizes may be awarded for participation and/or special recognition at judge’s discretion without advance notice.
- Sponsor and event staff are not responsible for any theft, loss or damage to creations. Entrants can and should remain with their creations during the contest.
- By entering your creation into the building challenge, entrants and their parents/guardians agree to these official rules and regulations and the decision of the judges and release contest sponsors of all liability that could result from participating in the contest. By submitting an entry into this contest, entrants and their parents/guardians grant permission for sponsors and media coverage to use any photographs and/or video of the entrant and entrant’s submitted model for any promotional use. Entrants agree that registration information may be added to sponsors contact lists.
LEGO® is a registered trademark of the LEGO® Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this contest.