Guillermo Romano was born and raised in Mexico City. A designer by nature he grew up in the streets of Mexico City. An architect and urban designer since the mid 80s, he has an improvised spirit, open mind, and a brainstorming nature. His experience spans the private and public sector in the fields of design, construction, project management, public relations, writing and teaching. Guillermo lives in Redmond, WA.
- Experience in architecture, construction, urban planning and design
- Architectural license
- Masters degree in Urban Design and Planning
- International experience and leadership roles for both the private and public sector
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish
- Customer service experience, first contact and client relations
- Contractor procurement, supervision and control
- Team leader in design competition and office representative
- Brainstorming skills and multicultural
- Project management certification
- Teaching and Mentoring experience since 1992
As an Architect: I have been devoted to creative design, supervision, teaching, conflict resolution and project management.
As Planner and Urban Designer: I have been responsible for the city’s Urban Design Office and mayor projects. Most of the work relates to city redevelopment, proposals, character design, public communications, special projects, charrettes, open house activities, feasibility studies and research.
As Project Manager: I have performed as liaison for diverse groups and teams. Intense experience in supervision, project management and coordination of efforts related to city and university iprojects, mage improvements; Conflict management, ADAAG application and enforcement, new studies and proposals, research, facilitator and representative for: city, developer, university or specific government office.