BRICKS 4 KIDZ – Texas – The Colony – Castle Hills – Carrollton
Bricks 4 Kidz classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, we play… with LEGO® Bricks. Our specially designed project kits and theme-based models provide the building blocks for the Bricks 4 Kidz approach to educational play. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity. The activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations and build their self-confidence.
Bricks 4 Kidz® is an educational program designed to provide a hands-on atmosphere where children will learn science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) using LEGO® bricks. Our students will learn about gears, motion, friction and more using Bricks 4 Kidz® proprietary models. A different model will be presented each week with themes such as space, inventions, natural disasters, amusement parks, animals, and more.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
- This is a hands-on class where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cars, buildings and other models out of LEGO® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Participants build a new project each day. Architectural concepts are taught while assembling buildings, bridges and other structures.
- Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
- Students will work with others using LEGO® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math and science.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided.
- For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a noncompetitive setting.
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
- To help students understand that Architecture and Engineering are viable career choices.
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore math and science concepts
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social/emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organization and following directions
- Foster an appreciation for how things work
- Kids already know how to build with LEGO® bricks, but with a little coaching they can learn engineering, architecture and concepts of physics and mathematics using the plastic components.
- Students will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.