- Follow step-by-step directions to complete a task.
- Sequencing is an important skill in many learning process.
- Fine motor skills are developed while assembling projects.
- Visual and kinesthetic learning styles are utilized during project construction.
- Organizational skills are developed by keeping the bricks in their proper place.
- Completing a model with LEGO® bricks nurtures process-oriented thinking.
- Social/emotional skills such as patience, communication and teamwork are exercised.
- Working through frustration to complete a project builds self-esteem.
- Working with a partner fosters teamwork and cooperation.
- The children learn about simple machines and develop an appreciation of how thing work.