WELCOME TO BRICKS 4 KIDZ® LEHIGH VALLEY
Bricks 4 Kidz® is an experienced based educational program focused on introducing children to principles of science, technology, engineering and architecture. Through the use of lab-focused exercises, utilizing LEGO® bricks, the children have the ability to learn, create and explore. Our programs provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun. The activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations and build their confidence. Children work with exciting themes and could build a spinning satellite, a snapping alligator or even The Empire State Building. All the programs are designed around three main concepts: LEARN, EXPLORE and HAVE FUN! On this website you will find more information on what types of programs we offer; however, we are happy to customize a program specifically for your group. To watch a video about Bricks 4 Kidz® click the video button below.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
- This is a hands-on learning experience where students will design and build machines, catapults, animals, cars, buildings and other constructions out of LEGO® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Participants build a new project each week based around a similar theme (i.e. SPACE, TRASPORTATION, etc.).
- Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another in a time we term Free-play. This time is just as important as the structured model building because creativity often leads to invention.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
- Students work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on the theme.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears and even discusses the history behind some the objects we build.
- We strive to always ensure the material covered is appropriate for the students’ ages, experience, and skill levels.
- We provide all the materials, lessons and teachers for each program…the kids supply the creativity.
- When necessary, we structure the lessons around certain concepts and principals the children are learning in their school curriculum.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
- For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a noncompetitive setting.
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
- To help students understand that careers in Architecture, Science and Engineering are viable and exciting!