JUST IN…2015 CAMPS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!
ABOUT BRICKS 4 KIDZ® Des Moines-Ames Group
Providing quality programs for areas of Des Moines, Ames, Altoona, Pleasant Hill, Bondurant, Polk City, Indianola and the city of Waukee
We enthusiastically joined the Bricks 4 Kidz® family in November 2011. Already fans of the program introduced by the first Bricks 4 Kidz® owner in the area and huge LEGO® enthusiasts we are thrilled to have the opportunity to expand the Bricks 4 Kidz® program here in Central Iowa.
About Bricks 4 Kidz®…
Bricks 4 Kidz classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, we play… with LEGO® bricks. Programs are built around our proprietary model plans, designed by engineers and architects, with exciting themes such as space, construction, and amusement parks. Our specially designed project kits and theme-based models provide the building blocks for the Bricks 4 Kidz approach to educational play. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
We offer activities for children ages 3-13+, including:
Bricks 4 Kidz Night Out
- DES MOINES- HUBBELL ELEMENTARY- New Location!
- DES MOINES- GRACE METHODIST CHURCH- New Location!
- WAUKEE COMMUNITY EDUCATION
- INDIANOLA PARKS AND RECREATION
- BONDURANT PARKS AND RECREATION
- POLK CITY- WEST ELEMENTARY
- MAQUOKETA ART EXPERIENCE
Our programs provide a safe, relaxed learning environment where initiative is invited and self-expression is celebrated. Model building provides opportunities for problem-solving and helps kids develop an appreciation for how things work. All this takes place while kids are having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore math and science concepts
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social/emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organization and following directions
- Foster an appreciation for how things work