A Bricks 4 Kidz® workshop uses LEGO® Bricks that kids love, to deliver hands-on lessons correlated to cross-disciplinary curriculum objectives. The Bricks 4 Kidz® approach to learning is imaginative, multi-sensory and fun, creating a dynamic learning experience for your students.
Experience our exciting Jr. Robotics and Advanced Robotics classes! Build a motorized model and watch it come to life using simple LEGO® WeDo® software. As your skills improve, advance to LEGO® EV3 Mindstorms® classes for more challenging robot-building and programming!
We learn, we build, we play with LEGO® Bricks
ABOUT BRICKS 4 KIDZ® – OAHU, HAWAII
With LEGO® bricks, … We play, We build, We learn!
AFTER SCHOOL Bricks 4 Kidz® LEGO® LAB ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
DESCRIPTION (recommended for grades K – 5th)
• This is a hands-on class where students will design & build machines, catapults, pyramids, transportation models, buildings, inventions & other gadgets out of LEGO® bricks.
• While exploring math, engineering, architecture, science and physics – students will also learn to develop basic problem solving & critical thinking skills.
• Lessons & concepts are taught while assembling buildings, gears, models, motorized gadgets & other structures, while stretching their imagination.
• Students will learn a new lesson and build a new project each week. Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity, torque, scale, gears, axles, beams and more.
GOALS / BENEFITS
• The students will learn the fundamentals of engineering, math, science & architecture, in a noncompetitive setting. To help students understand that Science, Architecture & Engineering are viable career choices.
• Students are encouraged to help & work with a partner or in small groups, helping to nurture their self confidence & development of basic social skills.
• Provides an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation for how things are built & how they work – (to “break away” from playing only video games, during their free play time).
DURATION / FREQUENCY / COST (class sizes are limited to 20 -24 students per class):
• The program runs through-out the school year & follows the school calendar.
• Classes meet after school for 1 hour, once a week (Usually afterschool, anywhere between 2:00p – 4:00p; Exact days & times to be posted by school).
• Students may join any time (even if a session has started student, cost will be prorated for that session).
For more info or to inquire about Afterschool classes, Birthday parties, or day camps (inter-sessions and summer), please contact: