Programs & Events
Contact Us Today
to get a Bricks 4 Kidz
® class in your school
DESCRIPTION OF SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- This is a hands-on class where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cars, buildings and other constructions out of LEGO® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Participants build a new project each week. Architectural concepts are taught while assembling buildings, bridges and other structures.
- Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math and science.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
- Teachers are given the option to choose models that incorporate the students current curriculum or ones that expand of earlier teachings.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided. This includes enough materials for each child to customize and take home their own minifigure at the end of each session.
GOALS FOR STUDENTS
- For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a noncompetitive setting.
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
- To help students understand the importance of teamwork.
- To help children notice and appreciate the use of Architecture and Engineering in their everyday surroundings.
- Kids already know how to build with LEGO® bricks, but with a little coaching they can learn concepts of engineering, architecture, physics, and mathematics using the plastic components.
- Students will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.