A Bricks 4 Kidz® workshop uses LEGO® Bricks that kids love, to deliver hands-on lessons correlated to cross-disciplinary curriculum objectives. The Bricks 4 Kidz® approach to learning is imaginative, multi-sensory and fun, creating a dynamic learning experience for your students.
Experience our exciting Jr. Robotics and Advanced Robotics classes! Build a motorized model and watch it come to life using simple LEGO® WeDo® software. As your skills improve, advance to LEGO® EV3 Mindstorms® classes for more challenging robot-building and programming!
We learn, we build, we play with LEGO® Bricks
BRICKS 4 KIDZ – California – Monterey Park – San Gabriel
At Bricks 4 Kidz®, We Learn, We Build, We Play with…
Welcome to Bricks 4 Kidz, where our programs provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® bricks. The activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations and build their self-confidence.
Bricks 4 Kidz unique models are designed by Engineers, Teachers and Architects to promote S.T.E.M. growth in all students.
Children work with exciting themes such as Space, Transportation, Laws of Motion, Amazing Animals and Inventions to create and build models.
Our teachers and staff foster an atmosphere of cooperation and team building, problem solving and critical thinking, as well as creativity and fun.
Click Here to enroll.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
- This is a hands-on class where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cards, buildings and other constructions out of LEGO® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Participants build a new project each month. Architectural concepts are taught while assembling buildings, bridges and other structures.
- Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math and science.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
- Part of the curriculum will include the construction of a scaled model of their elementary school.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided.
- For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a noncompetitive setting.
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
- To help students understand that Architecture and Engineering are viable career choices.
- Kids already know how to build with LEGO® bricks, but with a little coaching they can learn engineering, architecture and concepts of physics and mathematics using the plastic components.
- Students will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Connect With Us