A Bricks 4 Kidz® workshop uses LEGO® Bricks that kids love, to deliver hands-on lessons correlated to cross-disciplinary curriculum objectives. The Bricks 4 Kidz® approach to learning is imaginative, multi-sensory and fun, creating a dynamic learning experience for your students.
We learn, we build, we play with LEGO® Bricks
Thank you for visiting the Bricks 4 Kidz® Temple City Website
We offer a variety of programs, birthday parties, Kidz Night Out, field trips and more!
ABOUT BRICKS 4 KIDZ®
Our programs provide an extraordinary atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® bricks. The activities are designed to trigger young children’s lively imaginations, build their self-confidence, and strengthen critical thinking skills. Children work with exciting themes such as machines, buildings, outer space and mosaics to explore engineering, architectural and physical concepts.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
- Participants build a new project each session. Architectural concepts are taught while assembling buildings, bridges and other structures.
- Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using Lego® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math and science.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
- Part of the curriculum will include the construction of a scaled model of their elementary school.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided.
- For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a noncompetitive setting.
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
- To help students understand that Architecture and Engineering are viable career choices.
- Kids already know how to build with Lego® bricks, but with a little coaching they can learn engineering, architecture and concepts of physics and mathematics using the plastic components.
- Students will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
We hope to have the opportunity to work with your family soon!
LEGO® is a registered trademark of the LEGO® Company which is not affiliated with these programs.